Alternative medicine therapy is fast becoming the popular alternative for individuals seeking medical care without having to rely so heavily on prescription medications. A medical discount card is a great solution for reducing some of the costs associated with holistic alternative medicine, especially for those without health insurance.
How Does Holistic Care Work?
The central theme of holistic alternative medicine is that every treatment should reflect on the whole body and its overall health, not just a singular part or area that is experiencing pain or issues. The Greek word "holos" means "whole," and that is where the term "holistic" is derived from.
There is nothing new about this concept of alternative medicine therapy because it has been around for countless centuries. It is defined by the National Institute of Health (NIH) as providing healthcare that takes the entirety of the individual into account. The NIH set up the National Center of Complimentary and Alternative Medicine, which provides research into the many facets of alternative medicine therapy.
Holistic alternative medicine does not just focus on the individual's physical situation, but believes the mental, emotional, and spiritual parts of the human psyche are just as important to the wellbeing of an individual. Studies indicate that patients using holistic or alternative medicine therapy have been able to receive the following benefits:
* A balanced lifestyle - The underlying treatment for any problem is the balance of the lifestyle. It is very similar to the band-aid treatment. A band-aid only covers and protects an area that is already injured, but the overall objective is to teach the injured individual to be careful and take precautions to avoid being injured again. All kinds of illnesses can be prevented if a person has a lifestyle that provides for balance in diet and exercise while managing stress and personal problems.
* Health through nature - Another chief reason people have improved health through alternative medicine therapy is because they use natural products whenever possible. Natural is almost always better than synthetic.
* Improved overall health - Used in conjunction with other medical care that is sometimes necessary, alternative medicine improves the recovery time for maladies and helps the individual stay healthy without as many reoccurrences of the problem.
* Faster relief of pain - Some holistic treatments relieve pain and suffering quicker than the standard medications used in classic medical treatment. This is achieved without the side effects that invariably are caused by drugs.
Much of alternative medicine is natural, but it is necessary to receive services and care that can amount to substantial costs. A discount medical card provides assistance with costs incurred when traditional health insurance policies will absorb none of the expense.
Types of Treatments in Holistic Care
The medical discount card can provide for assistance in alternative medicine from a network of holistic providers as soon as the first premium is paid. Several treatment methods are available based on the preferences and needs of the individual. The most popular treatments are:
* Acupuncture and Acupressure - Acupressure is a method of massage that re-channels the body's energy, providing proper flow throughout the entire body. Acupuncture provides a similar process through the use of needles applied at specific points along the meridians of the body.
* Detoxification - This is another ancient practice that has experienced a recent revival. This procedure eliminates toxins and free radicals from the body's organs, resulting in improved health and increased resistance to disease.
A discount medical card assures you and your family of receiving alternative medicine therapy, as you need it, and it offers protection from future health issues.