High blood pressure or hypertension is a commonly reported health problem among men and women these days. An imbalance between the systolic and diastolic pressure results in high blood pressure. The common causes of high blood pressure are heredity, diabetes, obesity, stress, smoking, high alcohol intake and high sodium intake. The symptoms of high blood pressure include headache, nausea, vomiting, nosebleed and confusion and vision changes. High blood pressure or hypertension falls in to 2 categories: primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. Primary hypertension is caused due to some underlying medical condition while secondary hypertension springs from an indefinite cause.
Switching over to a healthy lifestyle is the best way to prevent high blood pressure. Apart from adopting a healthy lifestyle, one can take the help of various herbal remedies in lowering blood pressure levels. High blood pressure if ignored may lead to complications like brain hemorrhage, strokes, cardiac diseases and renal failures. Here are some among the best herbal medicines for lowering blood pressure levels:
1. The hawthorn herb, a common ingredient in herbal medicines, is an effective herb for lowering blood pressure levels. It is a blend of miraculous compounds like polyphenols, tannins, sterols, triterpenes etc. These compounds lower cholesterol, strengthen heart muscles and contractions, improve blood circulation throughout the body and thus regulate BP effectively.
2. Garlic, an active ingredient in food substances can lower blood pressure levels effectively. Garlic lowers blood's tendency to clot and thus allows free and smooth passage of blood through the blood vessels. Inclusion of garlic in diet or intake of garlic supplements can greatly improve the functioning of the cardiovascular system and lower blood pressure levels.
3. Green tea is a beneficial herbal medicine for lowering blood pressure levels. Green tea is high in a compound called Catechin. This compound relaxes blood vessels and boosts blood circulation throughout the body. Green tea is also packed with anti-oxidants which foster free flow of blood by preventing clots. This nutritive drink is also an overall health booster
4. Stevia, the herb known for its sweetness, is an effective herbal cure for high blood pressure. Nowadays stevia extracts are easily available in supplement form in any medical outlet
5. Gingko biloba is an amazing herb for lowering blood pressure levels. It dilates blood capillaries and vessels, boosts blood flow to the heart and reduces your susceptibility to high blood pressure
So these are some wondrous herbal medicines for lowering blood pressure levels and they are all equally effective.